The purpose of the transition subcommittee is to support individuals on the autistic spectrum in achieving positive outcomes during periods of transition in their life. This can be the transition from secondary to post-secondary education, see from the educational sphere to the vocational one, from service providers for children to those for adults, from living in the family home to independent living, and other significant shifts from one context to another in life.
Our goals are to promote a coherent, user-friendly, person-centered, efficient and efficacious system for individuals in transition, their families, and other stakeholders. We aim to achieve this by focusing on these long-term goals.
- Recognize, promote and develop best transition practices.
- Recognize and address gaps in available services.
- Provide a venue for educators, socials workers, family members, service providers and other stakeholders to exchange information, build connections, and work together in the transition process.
- Gather and collate disparate sources of information on transition and creating a central, comprehensible information source.
- Develop workshops to empower individuals and their families to get the most out of the transition process.
- Raise awareness of the importance of an effective transition process in the pursuit of one’s goals, dreams, and a meaningful, dignified life.